Watch our slideshow of photos from recent musical and drama productions, including our online presentation of High School Musical 2!
Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart offers two annual full-length performance opportunities for students interested in theatre. A musical is produced each fall and a drama each winter. Auditions are open to the entire student body. In addition, stage crew allows for girls to be a part of the production and learn skills such as lighting, sound, make-up and set design.
Our theatre students also participate in the NYSTEA conference in January each year where they benefit from workshop and performance opportunities to hone each of their artistic and technical skills.
Recent musicals include:
- 2020: High School Musical 2, On Stage! (Online Production)
- 2019: Matilda - Kenny Award Winner!
- 2018: Once On This Island
- 2017: Anything Goes
- 2016: Sister Act
Nominated for three Kenny Awards: Outstanding Choral Performance, Outstanding Actress in a Leading Role, and took home the award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble.
- 2015: The Wizard of Oz
- 2014: High School Musical
- 2013: Meet Me in St. Louis
Recent dramas include:
- 2021: A Simpler Time (Online Production)
- 2020: 67 Cinderellas (Online Production)
- 2019: A Murder is Announced
- 2018: The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet
- 2017: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 2016: The Greek Mythology Olympiaganza
- 2015: I Remember Mama
- 2014: The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
SHA offers two performance-based electives: Musical Theater and Advanced Musical Theater.
The all boys’ schools in Western New York open up their auditions to SHA girls and each year SHA students appear in their musicals.
Sacred Heart Academy is also proud of our in-residence partnership with Shakespeare in Delaware Park. Benefits of this partnership have included expert assistance with Shakespearean English, accents and combat choreography.