to see what the Music Department has been up to!
Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart’s Music Department is a performance-based program that offers a diversity of programming and provides many opportunities for individual growth including Chamber Singers, Orchestra, Wind Ensemble, Musical Theatre, Guitar, Piano, Voice, Private Lessons - on nearly every instrument, and Music Composition.
- SHA Ensembles enter NYSSMA Music Festivals annually.
- More than 30 students entered the NYSSMA Solo Festival and All-County Music Festivals.
- Isabel Murphy ‘18 (violin) was selected to participate at NYSSMA All-State Orchestra for third consecutive year.
- Kayleigh Colleary '21 and Demi Reigel '21 were accepted to perform with the Buffalo State College Honor Band
- Eight students were selected for Area All-State Ensembles
- Orchestra earned a GOLD (Level 3) at NYSSMA Majors Festival for second consecutive year
- Chamber Singers earned a SILVER (Level 5) at NYSSMA Majors Festival
- Wind Ensemble earned a GOLD (Level 2) at their first NYSSMA Majors Festival
- All five ensembles earned top two finishes at the Darien Lake Music Festival, including Wind Ensemble, which earned First Place and a Grand Judges Award for one of the highest scores of the day
- Chamber Singers (select choir) and Wind Ensemble were featured at a Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Spotlight Concert
- Wind Ensemble traveled to New York City to work with renowned clinicians, including Jazz Grammy Award-winner Lauren Sevian, and prepare for our spring concerts and festivals. They also explored the city and attended Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.
- Sister Act (2016) was nominated for a Kenny Award for Outstanding Musical, Best Lead Actress and Best Ensemble (for which it won). The cast performed on stage at Shea's as part of the Kenny Award Ceremonies. Anything Goes (2017) was one of the highest attended musicals ever performed at SHA.