Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart offers state of the art facilities for physical education classes, as well as the general use of all students. Our Athletic Center, opened in 2014, includes a home court for SHA basketball and volleyball teams, seating for 500, two locker rooms, and provides an indoor practice site for many of our other sports.
The attached fitness center provides both cardiovascular and weight training equipment including treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, an eight-station Universal weight training circuit, and weight benches for use with free weights. The Athletic Center also houses a dance studio for our dance electives.
SHA partners with several outside facilities for athletic practices and “home” competitions including:
- Buffalo State College Kissinger Pool (Swimming)
- Dobson Field at D’Youville College (Varsity Soccer games)
- ECC North (soccer practices and JV games)
- Grover Cleveland Golf Course (Golf)
- Garnet Park (Softball)
- Thomas Edison Elementary School (Field Hockey and Lacrosse)
- Willow Ridge Park (Tennis)