Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart
The hallmark of Sacred Heart Academy’s Counseling Center is the individualized attention and support it provides to each student. Counselors are available to assist students with personal issues and provide referrals to health professionals, The Learning Center, and peer mentors and tutors. Counselors work with students and their families to arrange individual educational services, enrichment opportunities, assessments, and referrals.
The Counseling Center also works closely with students throughout their four years at SHA to assist them with college selection, the application process, and career planning. Our three full-time Counselors provide individual and group classes, family sessions, referrals, testing, career-choice assessments, and technological support to help each student complete a successful college search. Counselors help students locate and apply for available scholarship opportunities and financial aid.
Jeanette M. Piscitello
Last Name: A-Ki
Sara M. Bund
Last Name: Kj-Z
Is your daughter looking for something different? Perhaps an opportunity to travel, volunteer to help those less fortunate, or to pursue an academic interest in more depth? There are many programs that provide enrichment, internship, volunteer, and college-level experiences. The Counseling Center receives announcements about programs throughout the school year. Please visit the link below for more information or visit the Counseling Center to review our Summer Opportunities bulletin board.
Some Interesting Statistics:
Class of 2013
- Average SAT Scores:
- Critical Reading 543
- Math 543
- Writing 546
- Total Scholarship Money Awarded: $16,413,948
We Look Forward To Working With You!
College Preparation Calendars:
- Financial Aid Night
- Western New York College Consortium
- NACAC College Fair at Buffalo Convention Center
- College Planning Night for Juniors and Parents
- Career Day
- College and Career Planning
- Junior and Senior Awards
- Jesuit Education Tour Consortium
Transcript Request Information
- All transcript requests must be in writing and should be mailed to the Sacred Heart Academy Counseling Center. Please use the link below to access the required form. There is a $5.00 transcript processing fee, which can be in the form of cash or check payable to Sacred Heart Academy. Please allow at least one week for processing.
- Authorization to Release Transcript
- ACT: www.actstudent.org
- 2013-14 ACT Test Dates
- SAT: www.collegeboard.com
- 2013-14 SAT Test Dates
- Common application: www.commonapp.org
- F.A.F.S.A.: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- SHA’s School code #331770
- Class of 2013 SHA Profile
- Class of 2013 College Acceptances
- Financial Aid Resources
- Helpful Websites
- Suggested Reading