Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart
The hallmark of Sacred Heart Academy’s Counseling Center is the individualized attention and support it provides to each student. Counselors are available to assist students with personal issues and provide referrals to health professionals, The Learning Center, and peer mentors and tutors. Counselors work with students and their families to arrange individual educational services, enrichment opportunities, assessments, and referrals.
The Counseling Center also works closely with students throughout their four years at SHA to assist them with college selection, the application process, and career planning. Our three full-time Counselors provide individual and group classes, family sessions, referrals, testing, career-choice assessments, and technological support to help each student complete a successful college search. Counselors help students locate and apply for available scholarship opportunities and financial aid.
Jeanette M. Piscitello
Juniors and Seniors, Last Name: A-Ki
Sophomores, Last Name: A-Man
834-2101, ext. 313
Sara M. Bund
Juniors and Seniors, Last Name: Kj-Z
Sophomores, Last Name: Mao-Z
College Visits and Calendar
Seniors have the opportunity to sign up to meet with college representatives throughout the Fall. Students are welcome to attend to connect with their prospective colleges, learn more about campus, various majors, student life, and pick up information on scholarship and financial aid information. Interested students must complete a College Visit Pass; passes are located on the bulletin board outside the Counseling Center. Juniors who are interested in attending a college visit must meet with their counselor three days prior to the visit. Please check back frequently for calendar updates.
WNY College Fair Information
SUNY College Fair
- Date/Time: Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 4 pm
- Location: The University at Buffalo North Campus, Alumni Arena, Buffalo, NY
- Each event includes college tables with more than 30 SUNY campuses and a variety of presentations.
- Registration for all fairs is available at www.suny.edu/studentevents
Daemen College Night
- Date/Time: Monday, September 22, 2014, 6:30 pm - 8 pm
- Location: Daemen College, Wick Student Center, 4380 Main Street, Amherst, NY
- For additional information regarding the colleges/universities attending and informational sessions, please visit
Hilbert College Fair
- Date/Time: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 7 pm
- Location: Hilbert College
- Hilbert College will host representatives from over 70 different colleges and universities. Students and families are welcome to attend to connect with prospective colleges, learn more about various majors, and pick up information on several scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
- For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at Hilbert College at 716-926-8780 or via e-mail at admissionshilbert.eduadmissionshilbert.edu
Some Interesting Statistics:
Class of 2014
Total Number of Graduates: 100
- Students receiving a Regents Diploma: 100%
- Students receiving a Regents Diploma with Advanced Designation: 94%
- Students receiving a Regents Diploma with Advanced Designation with Honors: 30%
Average SAT Scores:
- Critical Reading 553
- Math 548
- Writing 548
Total Scholarship Money Awarded: $17,380,290
College Preparation Calendars:
- 2014-15 Important College Planning Dates from the Counseling Center--especially for JUNIORS
- Freshwomen year
- Sophomore year
- Junior year
- Senior year
|Western New York College Consortium||Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 during school day|
|Financial Aid Night||Wed., Dec. 3, 2014 at 6:30 pm|
|Freshwomen Information Night||Wed., Jan. 21, 2015 (Time TBD)|
|College Planning Night for Juniors and Parents||Thurs., Jan. 22, 2015 at 6:15 pm|
|Jesuit Excellence College Tour||Spring 2015 during the school day|
|NACAC College Fair at Buffalo Convention Center||Wed., March 18, 2015 during the school day|
|College and Career Planning||Spring 2015|
|Junior and Senior Awards||Spring 2015|
Transcript Request Information
All transcript requests must be in writing and should be mailed to the Sacred Heart Academy Counseling Center. Please use the link below to access the required form. There is a $5.00 transcript processing fee, which can be in the form of cash or check payable to Sacred Heart Academy. Please allow at least one week for processing (5 business days).
Naviance Family Connection
Sacred Heart Academy is pleased to introduce Family Connection from Naviance, a web based service designed especially for students and parents. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that you and your child can use to help in making decisions about courses, colleges, and careers. Family Connection is linked with Naviance Succeed, a service that the Counseling Center uses to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that is specific to our school.
- General Information and Start-up Instructions
- SHA Naviance Website: http://connection.naviance.com/bash
SHA's CEEB School Code #331770
- 2014-15 ACT Test Dates
- March 17, 2015: We are having all of our Juniors take an ACT Exam at SHA on March 17 during the school day. This test is an official test and can be used to report to schools. We are excited to offer this enhancement this year as many students in the past have done better on the ACT than on the SAT. Since each student is different, we recommend that each student take each exam (ACT and SAT) at least once.
Students will have access to scholarship information through the Naviance program which will be updated regularly and discussed during their Seminar course. Scholarship opportunities will also be announced and posted in the Counseling Center throughout the school year. We encourage all students to visit college websites for additional scholarship information pertinent to each specific college.
Useful College Informational Websites
- Common Application: www.commonapp.org
- SUNY Application: https://www.suny.edu/applysuny/
- F.A.F.S.A.: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Class of 2014 SHA Profile
- Class of 2014 College Acceptances
- Financial Aid Resources
- Helpful Websites