Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart
The Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart is a community committed to providing young women with a comprehensive, balanced and challenging Catholic education rooted in the core values of the Franciscan tradition.
We graduate young women with intellectual preparedness, spiritual grounding, commitment to service and the leadership skills necessary to have a positive impact on the world.
Empowering young women through excellence in education.
We believe that each student enrolled at Sacred Heart Academy is a unique and important person and that every facet of her life—spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social and physical--should be developed.
We believe that all life comes from God and that Jesus Christ provides us with a model of personal growth.
We provide the atmosphere and experiences that encourage each student to develop as a responsible, educated, and spiritual woman.
We promote the development of a thinking, caring woman who respects the diversity of life and has the desire and ability to contribute constructively to the growth of herself and of other persons.
As an academy with a long Franciscan history, we learn from and respect the past, attend to and respond to the present and look toward and prepare for the future.
Sacred Heart Academy Statement of Beliefs
- All life comes from a loving and caring God.
- Each individual has inherent worth.
- Jesus Christ provides us with an exemplary model for our personal growth.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the school, students, families and the entire surrounding community.
- It is the responsibility of all members of the school community to instruct the students, both directly and indirectly, in values, personal integrity, and ethical conduct consistent with Christian principles.
- Life-long learning is essential to success in a changing society.
- Ministry to the community and reflection upon the value of the experience leads to a greater understanding of Christian service in our lives.
- Recognizing and developing the talents and abilities of everyone will benefit each member of the school community.
- The understanding and appreciation of diversity strengthens the school community.
- A strong sense of “self” and “community” is fostered through involvement in a wide range of curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Respect for ourselves and others is essential.
- Education can empower individuals to make a positive impact on the world.
- Developing leadership abilities creates a confidence and preparedness in individuals to face the unknown.