Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart
Director of Advancement - Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart
Reports to: Head of School
The Director of Advancement is a member of the school’s leadership team. The Director of Advancement is chiefly responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive program to maximize philanthropic support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Upholding and promoting the mission of Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart as well as support the BOD Strategic Plan, goals, policies, and the overall mission of the Advancement Office.
- Identification, cultivation, and solicitation of current and prospective donors from among alumnae and community member lists to achieve the revenue budget as approved by the Board.
- Responsible stewardship of all gifts including timely acknowledgement and follow-up with all major donors with written gift agreements.
- Grant seeking and follow-up of grant possibilities using necessary internal or external resources to accomplish the grant writing tasks according to revenue budget goals.
- Since alumnae form the major support constituency, the Director of Advancement is responsible for regularly meeting with and engaging alumnae in active support of the Academy including attending meetings of the Alumnae Association periodically.
- Create, develop, and execute fundraising plans that are tied to the school’s goals and Strategic Plans; plans which result in donor-centered, results-oriented outcomes.
- Create a systematic annual operations plan to meet both immediate needs and long range needs.
- Oversee and plan for proper stewardship of those gifts including ongoing communication and donor receptions.
- Plan and manage the integration of all public relations, advertising, and marketing efforts from the development offices.
- Devise an appropriate annual special events calendar.
- Oversee all aspects of development, alumnae relations, and special events programs.
- Acts as a staff person to the Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and oversee an annual income and expense budget.
- Provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive reports focusing on revenue and expenses to the Head of School at the end of each month and a compilation report prior to the bi-monthly Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Oversee and direct the Annual Fund using donor analysis data, direct appeals, and other strategies so as to increase numbers of participants and giving.
- In collaboration with development office personnel, oversee the production and distribution of the Cordecho, the alumnae magazine, a minimum of twice per calendar year and one Annual Report at the close of the Annual Fund appeal.
- Implement and evaluate approved plan for restructuring the development office and programs.
- Work with the Advancement Committee to develop new initiatives and to enhance donor prospect cultivation.
- Oversee database management to ensure timely and accurate gift receipt and acknowledgement, records updating, and prospect research.
- Serve on the school's Administrative Council.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Serve on various committees as deemed necessary by the Head of School and Board of Directors.
Application review begins November 24 and will continue until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to
Jennifer M. Demert
Head of School
Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart
3860 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14226
Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.